ITIL Expert Qualification: Continual Service Improvement Certificate
Request more details:
The ITIL Expert Qualification: Continual Service Improvement Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but also one of the modules that lead to the ITIL Intermediate in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management and strategy as documented in the ITIL Continual Service Improvement Book.
This course is also available as a customised client specific course.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
The target group of the ITIL Expert: Continual Service Improvement Certificate is:
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL Continual Service Improvement phase of the ITIL core lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a Continual Service Improvement environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management for which this qualification contributes 3 credits.
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
Upon successful completion of the education and examination related to this certification, it is reasonable to expect a better understanding of the content of the ITIL Continual Service Improvement book.
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
Introduction to Continual Service Improvement
Continual Service Improvement Principles
Continual Service Improvement Process
Continual Service Improvement Methods and Techniques
Organisation for Continual Service Improvement
Technology for Continual Service Improvement
Critical success factors and risks
Eligibility for Examination:
To be eligible for the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Continual Service Improvement examination, candidates shall fulfil the following requirements:
- At least 21 hours of instruction with an accredited provider of training or e-learning provider based on this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course. Suggested exercises are included in the recommended minimum study period for each of the units.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.
Before taking the course it is recommended though not required that candidates have exposure to basic concepts in IT and related work experience of around two years. It is also recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study in preparation for the examination in addition to the 21 contact hours.
- 8 Multiple choice, scenario based questions. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Maximum of 90 minutes for all candidates
- This is a closed book examination with the pass mark being 28/40 or 70%