This four-day course is designed to provide a sound introduction to the .NET Framework for programmers who already know the Visual Basic language and the fundamentals of Windows Forms. It is current to .NET 4.5 and Visual Studio 2012. The course focuses on core portions of the .NET Framework that are common across many application areas. Separate courses are available in specific areas, such as ADO.NET, XML Programming, Windows Presentation Framework, Windows Communications Framework and ASP.NET.
Cost: Price on application
Duration: 4 Days
This course is not available as part of our public schedule but can be provided on a customised client specific basis.
The participant should be an experienced application developer or architect with a working knowledge of Visual Basic, including building simple GUIs with Windows Forms.
· Gain a thorough understanding of the philosophy and architecture of .NET
· Acquire a working knowledge of the .NET programming model and .NET Security
· Implement multi-threading effectively in .NET applications
· Learn how to implement database applications using ADO.NET and LINQ
· Learn how to debug .NET applications using .NET diagnostic classes and tools
What is Microsoft .NET?
Common Language Runtime
Common Type System
Framework Class Library
Assemblies and Deployment
Components in .NET
Building Class Libraries at the Command Line
Class Libraries Using Visual Studio
Assemblies, Deployment and Configuration:
Private Assembly Deployment
Shared Assembly Deployment
Programmatic Access to Configuration
Using SDK Tools for Signing and Deployment
Metadata and Reflection:
I/O and Serialization:
.NET Programming Model:
Memory Management and Garbage Collection