This three-day accredited course provides participants with a thorough grounding in PRINCE2™ and comprises of three main elements. The first provides coverage of PRINCE2™ principles: the need for structured project management, why pragmatic and intelligent use of methods is so important, and how PRINCE2™ can be employed to achieve business-related objectives. The second element considers the method itself: what PRINCE2™ looks like, how the major components & processes such as planning and control work on their own as well as together, and how the roles associated with the PRINCE2™ method can be made really effective. The third element deals with the implementation of PRINCE2™ and provides sound, practical advice on introducing the method into a range of different environments, always bearing in mind the need to keep bureaucracy to a minimum.
Presented by skilled lecturers with extensive experience in the practical application of PRINCE2™, the course includes examination coaching and practice using sample questions.
All delegates will sit the PRINCE2™ Foundation examination (a multiple choice paper) in the late afternoon of the third day of the course.
This course is fully compliant with the latest version of PRINCE2™, and carries the award of 22.5 Professional Development Units (PDU`s) for PMI re-certification.
(PRINCE2 ™ is a Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce)
This course is also available as a customised client specific course.
Delegates will be provided read ahead material approximately 10 days prior to attending the course. The materials will include a suggested study guide and count down to the event. Success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials.
The PRINCE2™ Foundation course is suitable for anyone who needs an in-depth understanding of the PRINCE2™ method, techniques, processes and components. Delegates should ideally have some experience of team leading and basic project management principles. The Foundation exam is a necessary precursor to taking the Practitioner qualification.
The Structure of PRINCE2™
Project Start Up and Organisation
Project Initiation and the PID
Project Control Mechanisms
Projects and Plans
Implementing and tailoring PRINCE2™
PRINCE2™ Foundation Examination
On completion, delegates will be able to:
- understand the philosophy and structure of PRINCE2™
- understand the benefits that can accrue from the implementation of a structured project management method such as PRINCE2™
- explain the PRINCE2™ process model and components
- use the PRINCE2™ techniques
- create a Project Brief
- create a Project Organisation Structure
- initiate a project and create a Project Initiation Document
- apply progress control mechanisms
- appreciate the principles of PRINCE2™ Quality Management
- apply change control mechanisms
- realise the importance of Configuration Management
- use the PRINCE2™ Risk Management approach
- tune PRINCE2™ for differing environments