The ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimisation Certificate
Request more details:
The purpose of the ITIL Certificate in Planning, Protection & Optimization certification is to obtain knowledge on ITIL terminology, process structure, roles, functions and activities that will enable role focused capability and competency in support of the Service Lifecycle approach as described in the ITIL Service Management Practices, commonly referred to as (ITIL) Version 3. The ITIL Certificate in Planning, Protection & Optimization is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management to apply the practices in resolution and support of the Service Management lifecycle.
Duration: 4 Days
Dublin Date: 17-20 Jul
This course is also available as a customised client specific course.
Candidates wishing to attend an accredited ITIL Certificate in Planning, Protection &
• Hold an ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management, or Foundation Bridge certificate.
• Demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand the context of Planning, Protection & Optimization management of their own business environment is strongly recommended.
• Have exposure working in the service management capacity within a service provider environment, with responsibility emphasizing on at least one of the following management processes:
o Capacity Management Process
o Availability Management Process
o ITSCM Process
o Information Security Management Process
o Demand Management Process
o Risk Management For Service Planning, Protection & Optimization
It is strongly recommended that candidates read the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications in advance of attending training for the certification.
The target group of the ITIL Certificate in Planning, Protection & Optimization is:
• Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management, or the Foundation Bridge certificate and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
• Individuals who require a deep understanding of ITIL Certificate in Planning, Protection & Optimization processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organisation.
• IT professionals that are working within an organisation that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme
• Operational staff involved in Planning, Protection and Optimization, specifically, Capacity Management, Availability Management, ITSCM, Information Security Management, Demand Management, Risk Management, who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities.
This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners.
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following practice areas upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
• Service Management as a Practice
• Processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the practice elements within Planning, Protection & Optimization
• Capacity management as a capability to realise successful service design
• Availability management as a capability to realise successful service design
• IT Service Continuity Management as a capability to support overall Business Continuity Management
• Information security management as part of the overall corporate governance framework
• Common Service Operation activities related to Planning, Protection & Optimization
• Organizing for Service Operation which describe functions to be performed within Planning, Protection & Optimization
• Planning, Protection & Optimization roles and responsibilities
• Technology and Implementation Considerations
• Challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks
• Continuous Service Improvement as a consequence of effective Planning, Protection & Optimization
And specifically in the following key process and role areas:
• Capacity Management
• Availability Management
• IT Service Continuity Management
• Information Security Management
• Demand Management
• Risk Management For Service Planning, Protection & Optimization
Eligibility for Examination:
To be eligible for the examination leading to an accredited ITIL® Certificate in Planning,
Protection & Optimization, the candidate must fill the following requirements:
• Have completed at least 30 hours of study with an accredited training provider or accredited e-learning provider for this syllabus;
• There is no minimum mandatory requirement but 2 to 4 years professional experience working in IT Service Management is highly desirable;
• Have completed at a minimum 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the pertinent areas of the ITIL Service Management Practice core guidance publications and in particular, the Service Design publication