The primary objective of this course is to consider advanced subjects and techniques pertaining to the SQL database language, based upon the latest features available with the Oracle release. Even professionals experienced in other implementations of the industry-standard SQL language will benefit from the advanced and Oracle-specific features of SQL discussed in this course. This enhanced and expanded revision includes many new and expanded conceptual subjects, including:
• Learn to use the SQL99 join syntax and learn about the full range of join operations available, such as natural join, inner join, cross join, outer joins and others.
• Perform advanced SQL queries using techniques such as CASE structures, rollup and cube operations.
• Moving beyond basic table definitions, learn to define the full range of database objects, such as advanced table definitions and the creation of indexes, sequences, views and others.
• Use the powerful set of built-in SQL functions. These functions provide sophisticated manipulation of character, numeric and date data elements.
• Taking advantage of the latest features found within the Oracle release, such as the handling and tolerating DML errors without application interruption, newly added functions, and other topics.
• Obtain database object metadata from the data dictionary.
• Understand basic database security and object privileges.
• Protect database integrity and extend the conceptual data model using declarative constraints.
• Using SQL Developer and other available SQL interfaces.
• Develop complex SQL*Plus reports and reusable SQL*Plus scripts, as well as control the SQL*Plus environment.
View other Oracle Courses available