The objective of this course is to equip students to develop database server-side PL/SQL program units within an Oracle database. Major subject areas to be explored and secondary objectives are:
• Understanding application partitioning within a client/server or multi-tiered web-based systems architecture.
• Understanding the basic form and structure of program units stored within the database.
• Building and maintaining database-resident program units.
• Encapsulating program units within packages and taking advantage of accompanying advanced programming techniques such as cursor variables and cursor expressions.
• Handling intricate theoretical challenges, such as mutating tables.
• Building and maintaining DML-event and system-event database triggers, including advanced techniques using both simple triggers and compound triggers.
• Discuss the storage and execution model for database programs and how one can write efficient programs to maximize performance.
• Using system-supplied packages to extend the power of your SQL statements and PL/SQL applications.