The primary objective of this course is to provide an introduction to the PL/SQL database programming language, based upon the latest features available with the Oracle database.
Syntax, structure and features of the language are discussed in the context of database applications and programming. Major subject areas to be explored are:
• Understand the environment and context in which PL/SQL operates.
• Consider the advantages and benefits of PL/SQL within a database environment.
• Declaring program variables and complex data types.
• Developing logic within PL/SQL program blocks.
• Fetching data from the database into program variables.
• Returning program output to users.
• Handling program exceptions.
• Using explicit and implicit database cursors.
• Using the advanced features of nested blocks and subprograms.
• How to take advantage of advanced features such as regular expression support and the handling of string literals within program code.
View other Oracle Courses available