The purpose of this course is to present some of the most advanced features available to database developers. Many of these features are either newly available with the Oracle10g release or have been substantially improved with that release. Among the specific subjects presented in this course are:
• A review of the grid-computing and manageability architecture available from the Oracle 10g release of the database and the application server.
• Database flashback technology, including flashback queries, flashback table, flashback versions query and flashback transaction query capabilities.
• Creating and using directory objects within the database.
• The Data Pump Export and Import utilities.
• A comprehensive look at all index types available when building an application schema, including B-tree internals, function-based, compressed, reverse key, linguistic, bitmap and bitmap join indexes.
• A comprehensive look at all table types available when building an application schema, including heap-organized tables, index clusters, hash clusters, index-organized tables, external tables, temporary tables and compressed tables.
• Advanced SQL hierarchal data processing capabilities available from the CONNECT BY PRIOR and related language structures.
• Enhanced SQL and transactional capabilities, including asynchronous commits, DML error trapping and use of regular expressions.
• Enhanced PL/SQL programming capabilities and compiler directives.
• A brief glimpse into the Enterprise Manager database interface which may be of occasional use to senior developers.
View other Oracle Courses available