ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
Request more details:
This three-day instructor led course in an intensive, interactive workshop consisting of formal lecturing, discussions, exercises, presentations & mock examination questions. On the last afternoon of the course there is a 40 question multiple choice examination of one hour. The main objective of the ITIL Foundation is to obtain knowledge of the ITIL terminology, structure and basic concepts and to comprehend the core principles of ITIL practices for Service Management. The course enables delegates to understand how an integrated IT Service Management framework, based on ITIL best practice guidelines, can be adopted and adapted within their own organisations following the new service lifecycle approach.
Duration: 3 Days
Dublin Date: 05-07 Mar, 03-05 Apr, 30 Apr - 02 May, 14-16 May, 05-07 Jun, 02-04 Jul, 30 Jul - 01 Aug, 03-05 Sep, 01-03 Oct, 05-07 Nov, 03-05 Dec
This course is also available as a customised client specific course.
There are no Pre-requisites or Pre-course reading material for ITIL Foundation.
Objectives & Benefits:
Upon completion of this course the delegates will have:
• Learned which ITIL® processes are essential to Support & Deliver a quality IT Service.
• Gained an understanding of how these processes relate to each other and to wider IT & business issues. Improve your contribution to Service Management within your own organisation.
• Increase the likelihood of success for service improvement programmes within your organisation Candidates who are successful in the examination will personally attain the industry recognised Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management - a measure of their capability & performance.
Key Principles & Models of ITSM:
• The types of service provider
• The five major aspects of Service Design
• The service V model
• The Continual Service Improvement model
The Processes & Functions:
Define the characteristics of a process. The objectives, business value, basic concepts, roles and interfaces of:
• Service Portfolio Management
• Service Level Management
• Incident Management
• Change Management
The Objectives & Basic Concepts of:
• Demand Management
• Financial Management
• Service Catalogue Management
• Availability Management
• Capacity Management
• Supplier Management
• Information Security Management
• IT Service Continuity Management
• Service Asset and Configuration Management
• Release and Deployment Management
• Event Management
• Problem Management
• Request Fulfillment
• The 7 step improvement process
Explanation of the Functions:
• Service Desk
• Application Management
• Technical Management
Organisation Structure & Key Roles:
• Using the RACI model
Technology & Architecture:
• Generic requirement for an integrated set of ITSM technology