ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
Request more details:
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) was developed in the 1980`s by collecting the best practices from top companies, to establish a best practice process framework. ITIL includes a description of how to organize service management within an organization. It is internationally recognized as the industry leader in Service Level Management standards. The current version for this course is ITIL V3 2011.
The aim of this course is to encourage all employees to participate in the success of their companies by:
Aligning IT services with the current and future needs of the business and its customers.
Improving the quality of the IT services delivered.
Reducing the long term costs of service provisions
Duration: 3 Days
Dublin Date: 04-06 Sep, 02-04 Oct, 01-03 Nov, 04-06 Dec
This course is also available as a customised client specific course.
There are no Pre-requisites or Pre-course reading material for ITIL Foundation.
Objectives & Benefits:
Upon completion of this course the delegates will have:
• Learned which ITIL® processes are essential to Support & Deliver a quality IT Service.
• Gained an understanding of how these processes relate to each other and to wider IT & business issues. Improve your contribution to Service Management within your own organisation.
• Increase the likelihood of success for service improvement programmes within your organisation Candidates who are successful in the examination will personally attain the industry recognised Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management - a measure of their capability & performance.
Key Principles & Models of ITSM:
• The types of service provider
• The five major aspects of Service Design
• The service V model
• The Continual Service Improvement model
The Processes & Functions:
Define the characteristics of a process. The objectives, business value, basic concepts, roles and interfaces of:
• Service Portfolio Management
• Service Level Management
• Incident Management
• Change Management
The Objectives & Basic Concepts of:
• Demand Management
• Financial Management
• Service Catalogue Management
• Availability Management
• Capacity Management
• Supplier Management
• Information Security Management
• IT Service Continuity Management
• Service Asset and Configuration Management
• Release and Deployment Management
• Event Management
• Problem Management
• Request Fulfillment
• The 7 step improvement process
Explanation of the Functions:
• Service Desk
• Application Management
• Technical Management
Organisation Structure & Key Roles:
• Using the RACI model
Technology & Architecture:
• Generic requirement for an integrated set of ITSM technology