This two-day intensive course is designed for the experienced programmer to help you quickly come up to speed on the C# language. It is current to Visual Studio 2015. Important newer features such as dynamic data type, named and optional arguments, the use of variance in generic interfaces, and asynchronous programming keywords are covered, with reference also to the fundamentals of Language Integrated Query (LINQ).
Cost: Price on application
Duration: 2 days
This course is not available as part of our public schedule but can be provided on a customised client specific basis.
The participant should be an experienced application developer or architect. Some background in object-oriented programming would be helpful.
· Acquire a working knowledge of C# programming
· Learn about important interactions between C# and the .NET Framework
· Learn how to implement simple GUI programs using Windows Forms
· Gain a working knowledge of dynamic data type, named and optional arguments, and other new features in C# 4.0.
· Learn how to do asynchronous programming using new keywords in C# 5.0.
· Become aware of new features in C# 6.0.
NET: What You Need to Know:
.NET Executables and the CLR
A .NET Testbed for C# Programming
Using Visual Studio 2015
C# Overview for the Sophisticated Programmer:
First C# Console Application
Subroutines and Functions
Implicitly Typed Variables
Object-Oriented Programming in C#:
Methods and Properties
Asymmetric Accessor Accessibility
Static Data and Methods
Constant and Readonly Fields
Access Control and Assemblies
C# and the .NET Framework:
.NET and COM
IEnumerable and IEnumerator
Copy Semantics in C#
Delegates and Events:
Random Number Generation
Introduction to Windows Forms:
Creating Windows Applications Using Visual Studio 2015
Buttons, Labels and Textboxes
Newer Features in C#:
Dynamic Data Type
Variance in Generic Interfaces
Asynchronous Programming Keywords
New Features in C# 6.0