Earlier detection of software defects in your products; prior to customer release, can have dramatic positive impacts on the cost, schedule & quality of your projects. If your organization needs to improve defect detection efficiency, be capable of best in class test strategy, design and execution methods and drive early defect detection, then this course will provide you with the knowledge you need.
Cost: Price on application
Duration: 1, 2 or 3 day depending on number of topics selected
This course is not available as part of our public schedule but can be provided on a customised client specific basis.
Participants should have 1-2 years experience in software test.
Upon completion of this course; participants will be able to:
• List & Describe the process steps involved in Effective and Efficient Software test
• Be capable of designing a test strategy based on Product Risk
• Be more competent in their role to design & execute tests to capture defects
• Know the types of tests to execute to detect the defects customers are likely to experience
• Remove costly defects at the earliest opportunity in the lifecycle
Course Presenter Seamus Collins BE (Elec) PMP:
Seamus is a graduate of UCC, with an honours degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. Over the past 12 years, having worked initially with the ESB, Seamus has worked globally with Motorola in a variety of roles. These roles ranged from technical positions in key customer deployments to senior management positions, managing geographically dispersed teams delivering software solutions. Seamus has successfully completed assignments in China, Argentina, Israel, Malaysia, UK and USA; and has worked with the top Telecom operators worldwide. He holds PMP certification and also an NUI qualification in Training and Continuing Education.
Customers can select topics from the following list
• Software Test background
• Risk Assessment & Test Strategy for the project
• Planning your test effort
• Tester value add to requirements and design reviews
• Test design and coverage
• White Box/Black Box methods
• Usability Test
• Performance & Capacity test
• Configuration & Compatibility
• Systems Administration Testing Focus
• Testing for software security
• Web-site testing
• Customer Focused Testing
• Fault Insertion Testing
• Defect Prevention
• Test execution, tracking and schedule
• Escaped defects & process improvement
• Working with geographically dispersed teams
• Test Metrics