Professional trainers produce professional results. This 2-day course will provide participants with a solid foundation of skills and knowledge of the process of learning, the role of the individual trainer and issues of importance when working with groups.
Cost: Price on application
Duration: Two days with eight to ten participants. Day Two may be truncated for smaller groups
This course is not available as part of our public schedule but can be provided on a customised client specific basis.
People whose work calls on them, or will call on them, to prepare and deliver training. No formal qualifications are required but good communicators with an interest in learning and basic computer skills will get most from the programme.
• Attend a one day skills and knowledge development workshop
• Complete specified assignments and prepare a brief presentation during a one week interval
• Submit completed assignments for assessment
• Deliver their presentations to their fellow learners and tutor.
If required by the client, participants can be individually marked on their assignments and skills demonstration (the presentation), although this is not an externally certified programme.
How do we learn?
What do we remember?
When do we learn?
Theories and arguments about learning
Practical Application - Ready Able and willing
What is training?
Matching Method to Content
Practical Application – Which drives design; learner or content?
Identifying training Needs:
For the organization
For the individual
The need for context and commitment
Goals and Objectives
Sequence & Timetable
Matching method and materials to content
The training programme
Talks and presentations
Learner directed activities
The four stages
Practical issues in evaluating training
Delivering a Presentation:
Essentials of effective communications
Setting out your structure
Tips for delivery
Using and dealing with questions
Using visual aids
1. Identify a training need for your situation and design a brief training programme which must include a presentation.
2. Design and construct a 15 minute presentation for delivery to the group
Delivering a Presentation - continued:
Posing and dealing with questions
Second Run – summary content demonstrating use of principles