Studies indicate that only one-quarter of all projects world-wide succeed in achieving quality, cost and schedule objectives. With the ever increasing pressure to manage costs and an equally aggressive market space for quality products delivered to scheduled dates; the need for certified project managers is increasing. The Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification is the most widely recognised certification available to Project Managers worldwide.
Cost: Price on application
Duration: 4-6 days
This course is not available as part of our public schedule but can be provided on a customised client specific basis.
The syllabus is designed based on the experience level of the participants. However, it may be of particular benefit to those who currently work in Project Management and are now looking to expand and enhance their skill set to deal with existing or more challenging projects.
Upon completion of this course; the participant will
* Apply proven Project Management methodologies to their work
* Be competent in utilizing Project Management best practices as outlined in Project Management body of knowledge (PMBOK®)
* Identify the areas of Project Management they need work experience in
* Be prepared to take the follow-on PMP® exam preparation course if necessary
Who should attend?:
* Those currently working in Project Management who wish to enhance and expand their professional competency
* People who want to be PMP® certified Project Managers and apply best practices, tools and techniques to their projects
* Project, Program, Portfolio and Section Managers who are preparing to take the PMP® Exam
Welcome & Introductions
What are "projects"? "Projects versus Operations"
The need for project management?
The project life cycle
Exercise: Review of well known project failures
Project management process groups
Project manager responsibilities