The best way to learn finance is the same as for learning any other skill - by doing: and this programme is built around exploration and practice to accelerate learning and maximise enjoyment.
We have spent years designing and building financial learning tools to help managers learn all they need to know about business finance in hours.
Participants generate momentum and confidence using an interactive mix of structured information inputs, discussions, quizzes, exercises and smart practice using specifically designed financial modelling applications.
This accelerated learning programme combines expert instructor-led tuition with the “in your own time and at your own pace” convenience of our exciting online learning tools at www.fabeducation.com
Duration: 1 day
Cork Date: 30 Jan, 06 Mar
Dublin Date: 31 Jan, 08 Mar
This course is also available as a customised client specific course.
No knowledge of accountancy or finance is presumed, just a desire to cut through the fog of accounting language and use financial awareness to be a better manager.
How it works:
We deliver a one-day workshop, which gives participants a deep knowledge of financial skills while also granting them access to our exclusive financial applications at www.fabeducation.com
The workshop is highly interactive with exercises, problem solving and discussion.
The website will be available to participants for four weeks so they can utilise the knowledge and skills they’ve gained and focus on their individual learning needs.
Specific Learning Outcomes:
Functional Managers from larger businesses will be able to use the language and perspectives of finance to:
• Strengthen their decision making and identify opportunities to generate revenues and cut costs
• Communicate and contribute more effectively to meetings and discussions
• Be more assertive and confident in dealing with the issues and added responsibilities of promotions and/or other changes in role
Managers and owner-managers in SMEs will gain:
• An improved ability to communicate with advisers, bankers and enterprise agencies
• A level of financially-smart business skills that would otherwise take years to develop
The Financial Statements:
• Where finance fits in business – the links between vision, business models and financial models
• The DNA of business REAL_E
• The purpose and content of the main financial statements
• The basic “Accounting Equation”
• How the balance sheet tells “the story of the business”
• Practice and exercises to develop a sense of awareness of the cause-and-effect relationship between business events and financial statements
• A learning plan to use the website tools to reinforce your financial awareness
The Language of Business:
• The “Big Terms” i.e. the crucial bits of jargon you need to talk financial sense
• The concepts, principles and limitations of financial statements
• What financial statements can’t tell you about a business
• The team quiz to embed the terms and introduce the glossary and quiz on www.fabeducation.com
Linking Business and Finance – The Financial Perspective:
• The Financial Perspective – using financial statements as the scorecards of business
– Matching terms
• Asset Utilisation
• Our laminated “go – to” guide for smart business strategies
• Practice and exercises to embed the financial perspective
• A learning plan to use the website tools to reinforce the financial perspective
• Levels of Information
• The power of ratios
• A context for using ratios (Learn from the past and shape the future)
• Different perspectives (Investor, Lender and Manager)
• Published vs. management accounts
• The role of stock exchanges and common stock exchange ratios
• Classifying, exploring and improving commonly used ratios
• Practice and exercises to embed skills in the interpretation of financial information
• Your active learning plan to use the website tools to reinforce skills in ratio analysis